Sent to set hearts on fire to live and love as Christ did. Since 1831.
Spanning generations, from many nations. Since 1831.
Loving our community. Since 1831.
The parish has close links with St James’s Primary School on Frederick Crescent, about 100 metres from the church. Founded in 1834 as the National School, it is the oldest school within the parish, as well as in Eastern Enfield.
There are also growing links with Bishop Stopford’s School, a Church of England Secondary School, also within the parish. One of the best achieving schools in Enfield Borough, it’s also known for the exemplary behaviour of its students and the growing renown of its Gospel Choir!
At St James’s there is an active chapter of the Mothers’ Union, whose mission is Christian care for families. They are active in leading worship, in service and in support.
Several times a year the East Enfield Branch of the Royal British Legion are present at St James’s, their Parish Church, to commemorate Remembrance Day, Armed Forces Sunday, and in 2014, the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War, and most recently the 70th anniversary of V–J Day and the end of the Second World War.